Your application for role of Head of Security - Government Department - City of Westminster, London has been sent to our recruitment team. They will be in touch shortly.More roles like this:
Our client is seeking a Head of Security to be responsible for all aspects of the organisation’s physical and digital security.
You will be the Departmental Security Officer (DSO) and its Departmental Records Officer (DRO) leading on security and records management.
The role broadly oversees the Cyber Security, Physical Security, Knowledge and Records Management areas.
As Head of Security some of the main activities are:
1. As DSO leading on policy and ensuring processes are in place for
o IT Security (security of all IT networks and devices)
o Personnel Security (including training, clearances, vetting, aftercare, breaches, travel)
o Physical Security (security of buildings, access control, guarding)
o Information and Cyber Security (security of information in physical and digital format)
o Incident Management and Business Continuity Planning
2. A member of the organisation’s Security Committee (Chaired by the SIRO/COO) and of the Incident Management Team. Provide assurance to the Executive Committee, Risk Committee and Board.
3. Responsible for the strategic leadership of the Department’s information security program. Provide guidance and counsel to the CEO and Executive Committee and key members of the leadership team, working closely with them in defining objectives for information security. Work with leadership to oversee the formation and operations of a department-wide information security organization that is organised toward a common goal in information security.
4. Manage department-wide information security governance processes and lead in the establishment of an information security program and project priorities.
5. Stay abreast of information security issues and regulatory changes affecting the organisation at all levels, participate in national policy and practice discussions, and communicate to the department on a regular basis about those topics.
This list is not exhaustive, further information is provided in the Candidate Pack which will be provided upon request.
• Security of IT networks and devices.
• Personal security (including overseas travel)
• Physical security
• Cyber security
• Incident management and business continuity
If you are interested and have the relevant experience, please email your CV via email@example.com
Deadline for applications is on Sunday 1st July at 23:59.
Sift/interview dates and location
Candidates will be notified w/c 3rd July 2018 with interviews set to take place across either or both w/c 9th or 16th July 2018.
Selection process details
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Civil Service pension schemes may be available for successful candidates.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.
Candidates will be subject to UK immigration requirements as well as Civil Service nationality rules.
If you're applying for a role requiring security clearance please be aware that foreign or dual nationality is not an automatic bar. However certain posts may have restrictions which could affect those who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certain countries outside the UK.
Our client embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
Never miss out on your next career opportunity. Have Acumin alerts sent directly to your inbox.
In our industry we understand the importance of security. We also understand that your data is your data - we will never pass it on to third parties.
Send us your CV and have our recruiters match you to the ideal opporunities
Do you already have an account with us?Log in
Want to have an account with us?Register
Want to just send us your CV?
By submitting your registration and CV to us you are agreeing to join our database and to be contacted about relevant jobs industry communications. Please read our terms of business for more information.