The role will be working in the cyber security team as a competent and experienced security architect responsible for assessing, developing and delivering complex and innovative solutions whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks for our clients.
The team is part of the Information Security Practice in a global professional services company, one of the key areas identified for major investment and growth. Our clients need to deal effectively with technology related risks and derive maximum value from their investment in security systems and technology.
- Expert in developing security strategies, architectures and implementation roadmaps that include consideration of traditionally problematic areas such as identity and access management, security monitoring and secure on-premises/on-cloud/cross-cloud integration.
- Strong design and implementation experience of cloud, consumerisation, network architecture, middleware & integration, service oriented Architecture (SOA), end user computing, RESTFUL API architecture.
- Strong knowledge of the security service providers and vendors in the market place.
- C-level experience, able to initiate, develop and challenge thought leadership in in all areas of security.
- Solution and/or enterprise architecture using frameworks such as TOGAF or SABSA.
- Assisting clients in reviewing the technical effectiveness of security solutions. Implementing secure system development life cycles and reviewing and developing appropriate security architectures.
- Experience working in both Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies.
- Experience securing continuous integration approaches.
- Ability to perform code and architecture reviews and participate in technical decision processes.
- Coaching and developing team members through sharing of experience and knowledge.
- Actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as proposal writing and assisting with client presentations.
- Experience with Project Management duties (project planning, resource management, scope management, schedule and status, documentation).
- Continuous development of self and team, including managing client feedback.
- Monitoring quality of service and products to clients and carrying out improvement or development as necessary.
- Strong reporting and quality assurance skills.
- Performance management of junior staff.
- Developing constructive internal and external client relationships.
- Developing an understanding of the firm’s broader offerings to enable identification of business opportunities.
Qualifications & Skills
Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security) or in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math).
- Recognised cloud security certification such as CCSK or CCSP.
- Recognised information protection qualifications (e.g. CISSP, CISSP-ISSAP, CISM, GIAC) desirable.
- Experience using Project Management tools like MS Project desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and oral)
- Demonstrated ability in strong verbal and written communication skills to interface with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Highly organised with ability to prioritise workload to incorporate changing priorities.
- Delivering quality and striving for continual improvement.
- Strong planning, organising and decision making skills.